SINTAYEHU KASSAYE ALEMU
sintayehu.alemu (at) pef.uni-lj.si
Sintayehu Kassaye Alemu has studied History at BA and MA level at Addis Ababa University (Ethiopia), MA in General Education in UMEA University (Sweden), and MPhil in Higher Education(Erasmus Mundus) in Oslo University (Norway), Tampere University )Finland), and Aviero University (Portugal).
Sintayehu has published few books and participated in some institutional, national and international conferences focusing on issues of History, the Nile River, and Education. His research preference is becoming more and more concentrating on history and education, particularly Higher Education.
At present (2013-2016) Sintayehu is a UNIKE PhD fellow at the University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Education. His PhD research project focuses on ‘’A Comparative Analysis of Practices and Impacts of Internationalization of Higher Education on the Academic life in the Centers and Peripheries’.
• Sintayehu Kassaye. (2010). Tax and Customs Administration of Ethiopia, (1941-1974). An Institutional History. USA: VDM Publishing House.
• Sintayehu Kassaye. (2010). The Nile River Utilization: Historical Perspectives. UK: Lambert Academic Publications.
• Sintayehu Kassaye. (2011) Essential Notes on Civics and Ethics: The Ethiopian Context. Berlin: VDM publishing House.
• Sintayehu Kassaye. (2011). A Concise Note on Modern Ethiopian History, 1935-1991. UK: Lambert Academic Publications.
• Sintayehu Kassaye. (2012). An Analysis of Higher Education Cost Sharing: The Experiences of Developing Countries. Berlin: Lambert Academic Publishing House.